- by Dr. Ravneet Dhillon
- December 28, 2023
Are you concerned about the results before and after all on 4 dental implants? If so, you’ve come to the right place. We’ll delve into topics such as alcohol consumption after all on 4 dental implants and the recovery process, including its duration. Stay tuned as we explore these aspects in depth.
People with healthy teeth don’t pay much attention to their teeth. Of course, when things are going fine, we enjoy every moment. When your oral health deteriorates and your teeth start to fall out, you may notice that your eating and speaking have changed. Missing teeth can affect your overall health and lead to severe health problems.
There is good news: today, we have numerous options for tooth replacement. Dental implants are the best thing in the field of tooth replacement. The American Dental Association considers dental implants the best replacement for missing teeth.
Dental implants are replacement teeth that look and function like natural teeth. The only drawback is the cost of the process. This is a high-cost treatment that may be difficult to afford for some. Other therapies, like conventional dentures, are more affordable but less stable and durable.
Why choose All on 4 dental implants?
All-on-4 dental implants are the best way to go if you have severe gum disease or missing teeth. Looking at the before and after results of all-on-4 implants, you will realize the kind of transformation this treatment brings.
In this article, you will discover what happens before and after all on 4 dental implants.
What happens before and after all on 4 dental implants
Here, you will discover the steps you need to take and your expectations before and after getting all on 4 dental implants.
Steps before all on 4 dental implants
- Evaluation – A skilled dentist will thoroughly examine your teeth. Your examination will include an X-ray of your jaw. The test will also have a CT scan. This is to determine whether you can get all-on-4 dental implants. The quality of your all-on-4 dental implant results depends mainly upon your oral health.
- The Plan – Your dentist will create a detailed treatment plan. A project is made to ensure that the process is completed and none of the critical steps are missed. If you have any existing oral problems that can be treated, they will be treated first to ensure the best results.
- Preparation of teeth – Once your dentist finds you suitable for this process, they will prepare your teeth before implant placement. Your teeth will be cleaned and prepared according to your treatment plan. This is one of the most critical steps.
- The final step: Placement of implants – Once all the steps before have been taken successfully, you will be ready for the final step in this process. The implants are placed after your mouth is prepared. Your dentist will start putting the four implants in a simple procedure.
What should you expect after All on 4 dental implants?
Once you have got your All on 4 dental implants, you need to follow each instruction given by your dentist with utmost care. You may be advised to include brushing and flossing your teeth twice a day. You may be suggested to use antiseptic mouthwash and go for regular checkups with your dentist.
Here are a few tips that you need to follow:
- You need to let your mouth heal. You should eat soft foods for the first couple of weeks.
- You have to ensure that your implants are not disturbed. This is why you should avoid biting down on hard foods or eating chewy foods. The healing process should not be disrupted.
- You need to visit your dentist for follow-ups because ensuring that your implants are healing correctly is essential. Your dentist will check for any warning signs or symptoms of implant failure.
- You must ensure regular oral hygiene practices and ask your dentist for recommendations to provide your all-on-4 treatment is successful.
Are all on four dental implants painful?
You will not likely experience much pain during or after the all-on-4 implant process. Your dentist will give you a local anesthetic to manage pain or discomfort during the procedure. If found necessary, you may be sedated to help you stay relaxed throughout the process. Your dentist will brief you beforehand so you don’t feel anxious before or after the procedure. Once the surgery is finished, there may be soreness and swelling in your mouth. These will resolve as time passes.
Recovery after all on 4 dental implants
Here are five tips that you can follow for proper recovery after all on 4 dental implants
- You need to ensure that your implants are clean. You are asked to brush your teeth softly in a circular motion to ensure proper hygiene.
- Make sure you brush your teeth after meals.
- You need to stay aware of what you eat. Too hard or sticky foods may hinder the healing process after your dental implants.
- You need to follow each instruction given by your dentist, following these instructions to care for your implants and ensure their long-term success.
- Drinking alcohol after all on 4 dental implants is not recommended. Alcohol is known to weaken the immune system and delay the healing process.
- vaping after all on 4 dental implants is not recommended.
- Smoking and drinking can negatively impact the healing process of your four dental implants.
These are just some things you can ensure excellent recovery after your dental implants.
Why choose All on four dental implants?
All on four dental implants are a permanent solution to replace missing or decayed teeth. This is one of those solutions that last for a lifetime.
There are numerous other benefits of getting all on four dental implants.
The initial costs are incredibly high compared to other methods. However, remember that you only need to pay once for all four dental implants. They may last for your entire life. Different types of dentures are not as sturdy and last less long. Other types of dentures may still crack or get damaged over time. In addition to these things, you may need regular repairs or replacements now and then. Investing in All four dental implants will save you a lot of money in the long run.
2. Negligible downtime
After getting all four dental implants, you must wait a few weeks to resume your regular activities. You are getting new teeth that are fully functional and look great. Compared to traditional old-style dentures, you can quickly continue eating solid foods.
3. Easy to manage and maintain
You don’t have to take the hassle of removing your implants every night before you go to sleep. You don’t need to worry about caring for your implants with extra steps. You can maintain them just like you would care for your natural teeth. You need to brush and floss your teeth like you did before.
Is numbness after all on 4 dental Implants
If there is numbness after all on four dental implants, you should talk to your treating dentist. Even though post-op numbness is rare, you still need to report it if it doesn’t go away. It is important to note that there are several nerves in your jaw. A nerve can get compressed or accidentally damaged during the process. If there is nerve compression, your dentist may remove and reposition the implants after confirming the underlying issue.
It is also possible that the nerve was temporarily damaged when the local anesthetic was administered. If this is the case, it would be rare for the numbness to last more than a day or two. The nerve may take longer to recover, based on the damage. This is why you need to report any numbness after getting dental implants.
All on 4 dental implants vs dentures: Choosing the better one
All-on-4 implants are a permanent solution that restores the full functionality of your teeth. You don’t have to worry about any movements within your mouth while eating. Dental implants give you the feeling of having your original teeth restored as if nothing was ever wrong in the first place.
- Dental implants are more stable and restore your ability to chew and speak naturally.
- With dental implants, you don’t have to worry about using glue or creams needed with dentures.
- Dental implants help reduce bone resorption and ensure that your facial structure is not impacted due to missing teeth
- Unlike dentures, you don’t have to worry about embarrassing moments since implants are fixes.
How long does it take to get all on 4 dental implants?
While traditional implants need a long time for osseointegration (time taken for the bone to heal and fuse with the implant roots), there is no need to wait for all-on-4 dental implants. The main difference between all four dental implants and traditional implants is time. You can get all on four dental implants in a single day. They are also called “teeth in a day” because you can get your new set of teeth in a single day.
If you have been searching for the perfect way to restore your smile permanently, all four dental implants may be your answer. If you have any questions regarding dental implants, you can contact us at Morgan Hill Dentistry.
Our team of expert dentists will guide you in creating a roadmap to your dental restoration.