- by Dr. Ravneet Dhillon
- September 29, 2023
Dental Bonding is a really simple and effective treatment to correct the unsightly gaps between your teeth. It is a restorative as well as a cosmetic treatment that corrects your smile while also providing strength to your teeth.
Dental Bonding for gap treatment uses a composite resin material that fills and conceals gaps, cracks, discoloration, chips, and other dental imperfections. In fact, dental bonding can even fill small cavities and may be useful for minor tooth damage. A range of colors are available for the bonding material so that one closely matching your teeth can be used.
Dental Bonding is also known as dental bonding or composite bonding. In this article, you will find information regarding the procedure, cost, and benefits of Teeth Bonding.
A dentist generally recommends this procedure for cosmetic and/or restorative benefits.
You can get a cosmetic advantage in the following cases:
- When there are chips or cracks in teeth which song require major procedures
- To conceal discolored teeth
- To close gaps between your teeth
- To change the shape of your teeth or enlarge small teeth
Restorative benefits can be derived in the following cases:
- If you have small cavities
- If teeth roots are exposed due to gum recession, then dental bonding can be used to protect teeth roots
- Old silver fillings can be replaced with composite bonding for a better effect
Dental Bonding for gaps procedure
This section will explain the procedure so that you understand teeth bonding for gaps before and after results and differences.
Before the actual process, you get an oral examination which will include dental x-rays. This is done to ascertain your eligibility for teeth bonding to fill gaps or for other reasons. If you have other dental issues like cavities, decay, infection, or gum disease, you will need to treat those before this process. Your dentist will talk to you regarding your goals and discuss the process as well as costs.
The process itself involves choosing the correct shade of the composite resin material so that it matches the natural color of your teeth. This is very important to give you results that mimic natural teeth. In order to increase the adhesion of the bonding material, your tooth surface will be roughened and a conditioning liquid will be applied.
Then the matching composite resin material is applied, molded, and smoothened to give the desired results. To bond it better and give lasting results, curing light is used to harden the material. The final step involves polishing and minor adjustments. Anaesthesia is generally not required for this procedure which is pain-free in most cases.
After dental bonding, you may be given OTC anti-inflammatory agents to decrease sensitivity or discomfort if any. You will need to maintain oral hygiene to retain and maintain the optimum results from this process.
You will have to visit your dentist as required. There is no downtime or waiting period to resume your daily activities though you will have to avoid eating hard foods immediately after the procedure. You need to avoid the same precautions that you would normally to avoid chipping and discoloration of teeth.
Benefits of Dental Bonding for Gap Treatment
Dental bonding has multiple advantages over other cosmetic treatments and procedures.
These are some of the major advantages:
- This is a minimally invasive procedure that won’t even require removal of enamel which is why it is reversible. There is no need to change the natural shape or structure of teeth for this treatment. On the other hand, procedures like porcelain veneers require enamel removal which is why they are not really reversible.
- Dental bonding for gaps is amongst the most cost-effective and inexpensive cosmetic dental procedures.
- It provides cosmetic as well as restorative benefits to patients.
- It is a versatile solution that can be used for a number of dental problems like gaps, chips, cracks, discoloration, etc.
- It is a fast process and quite convenient which may be completed in just one visit. Most other treatments would require multiple visits.
- With proper care and adherence to oral hygiene, you can retain the results over many years.
- The results of dental bonding on smile transformation are instant.
- This treatment can be effective on its own and can also be paired with other treatments like crowns and bridges.
Dental Bonding for gaps cost
When discussing the cost of dental bonding, we need to know that there are many factors that influence the total treatment cost. Many times, patients show reluctance to get a process that is expensive or that doesn’t justify its cost.
A small chip or a gap will require less preparation, material, and time to correct while a completely discolored tooth or many gaps will require more resources and time. So the cost will definitely be different for both.
The costs also differ depending on the area you live. The costs will also be different depending upon the expertise and experience of your dentist as well as the faculties available. One cannot choose an inexperienced dentist to reduce the cost because a skilled dentist will be able to provide better results both in terms of cosmetic and restorative effects.
On average, the cost of dental bonding per tooth is between $100-$400.
Teeth Bonding to fill gaps is a versatile, convenient, fast, and painless procedure that can be completed in a single visit in most cases. If you have more gaps, chips, or discoloration, a few more appointments are needed to fix it while there is no recovery time for this and you can resume work immediately after. Touch-ups may be required between 3 to 10 years depending upon oral hygiene, care, and general health. It is a safe procedure that can provide instant smile transformation where results will depend upon the expertise of your dentist.
This is why you need the expertise of our dentists at Morgan Hill Dentistry. Our clinic is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and our dentists are highly skilled. Reach out to us for further details.