- by Dr. Ravneet Dhillon
- July 19, 2023
Here, you will find everything about full mouth dental implants for seniors, including the cost and conditions before and after. Losing your teeth can be a harrowing experience at any age as our teeth define our appearance and boost our confidence. Dental implants offer a permanent solution, involving the placement of specially designed crowns on metal abutments that are connected to metal roots. The implanted teeth resemble and function just like natural teeth. Simply care for them as you would your real teeth, and you will forget that you ever had implants.
Introduction – Full Mouth Dental Implants
Dental implants are the best way to regain your teeth if you have lost them. They are a permanent solution that may last all your life. They are the perfect form of teeth replacement because they are able to preserve bone density and jaw structure even if you have lost all your teeth. More people are choosing to go for full mouth dental implants than ever before. This is because even though the process is invasive and takes a long time, it gives you a chance to get a permanent set of brand-new teeth which require only usual maintenance like your original teeth.
Full Mouth Dental Implants For Seniors
Seniors are one of the most common groups which are affected by tooth loss. Teeth loss can greatly reduce the quality of one’s life. Many seniors can be found having difficulty chewing and speaking properly. Tooth loss also causes bone loss and changes the shape of the jawbone, affecting the facial appearance. However, now you can get your missing teeth replaced by getting full mouth dental implants for seniors.
Full mouth dental implants are great for seniors because, with full-mouth implants, one does not need to carry out extensive and time taking maintenance, which takes effort. Regular dentures and any removable dental appliances need a thorough cleaning, which may not be possible for some seniors. On the other hand, full dental implants need you to maintain oral hygiene and follow regular cleaning practices, which are done with your real teeth.
One of the greatest advantages of getting full mouth dental implants as a senior citizen is that your bones will be preserved. Regular dentures do not promote bone growth and cause your jawbone to deteriorate and your smile to look deformed. Dental implants restrict bone loss and give you a natural smile.
Dental Implants Full Mouth Cost
Full mouth dental implants can be quite expensive to get. However, there is another way to look at it. Our dental health is priceless. The fact that your life gets completely transformed due to this process makes it worth it in the end. After getting full mouth dental implants, you get to enjoy your life without restrictions. You just have to follow regular dental hygiene and your teeth will last a lifetime. You can eat anything you want.
Here are some factors which explain the high cost of this procedure:
- The process requires many visits
- The process is quite complex and needs expertise
- Bone grafting surgery may be needed
- The location of your dental clinic
- The material used for implants
If you talk about the average cost of getting implants, it starts from $2000 per implant. However, this is just the cost of the metal implants. The crowns, abutments, and other things will be charged separately. The best way to find the cost of full mouth dental implants is to find your preferred clinic and ask them. You can also compare the cost variations among different clinics.
You can also ask about different insurance plans and financing options.
Full Mouth Dental Implants Before and After
If you look at full mouth dental implants before and after results, you will see how great of a difference this process makes. You go from having no teeth to having a full set of beautiful-looking and fully functional teeth.
These are the benefits of dental implants that you get after getting them.
- Better nutrition With dental implants, you can chew your food more efficiently. You can also eat all types of food. With missing teeth, one cannot eat most of the foods which have a chewy or crunchy consistency. Dental implants allow you to eat complete meals and get optimum nutrition. Your health will get better from a diet perspective.
- Boost in self-confidence Losing your teeth can make you lose your self-confidence. This is another aspect where dental implants improve your life. You can get back your self-esteem and self-confidence. You are going to get a natural and radiant smile with dental implants.
- Increased comfort If you are seeking a permanent solution for lifelong dental restoration, you should definitely get full-mouth dental implants. With dental implants, there is no chance of discomfort because they are fixed surgically and are created to replace your natural teeth. They are the most comfortable among any dental appliances since they are created specifically for you. You just have to care for them like your normal teeth and you can enjoy your life with a full set of teeth.
- Better speech It is already known and observed too that missing teeth can cause problems with speech. People with tooth loss often find it difficult to speak clearly. Many times, this causes them embarrassment. Dental implants are a great solution for this since they restore complete teeth function and allow you to speak like you normally would. This can boost your self-confidence and give you a better life.
- Long-lasting Dental implants are meant to be a long-lasting solution, which may last for 20 years or even more. If you take good care of your teeth and follow oral hygiene, you will have these teeth for life. This treatment may cost more, but it is definitely the longest-lasting treatment that requires the least maintenance in terms of effort.
- Better oral health You will be able to enjoy good oral health without the fear of losing bone density in your jaw. Generally, when we lose teeth, the bone under the teeth starts to decrease and the surrounding teeth also become loose. This is why getting dental implants may be the best course of treatment for seniors who are having tooth decay or gum disease.
Dental implants are able to save the real structure of your mouth so that you don’t encounter any problems which are caused by dental problems.
Dental implants may be expensive, however, they are able to provide benefits which are not derivable through non-invasive and less expensive restorative treatments. Dental implants give you the possibility to live a full life with a full set of implanted teeth. You will be able to eat anything you want and smile wholeheartedly. This low-maintenance solution may even last your entire life. To determine if you are a suitable candidate for dental implants, we recommend contacting a reputable dental clinic to schedule a consultation.