- by Dr. Ravneet Dhillon
- May 16, 2023
The recent decades have seen the world evolve and change at speeds much higher than before. Science and technology have reached a point no one dreamt of in the past. Like any medical and health field, the field of dentistry has also evolved.
Advanced Dental Technology has enabled dentists to provide better, safer, faster, long-lasting, and cost-effective treatments. Modern techniques are now being implemented for preventive dental care, general dental care, cosmetic dental treatments, and restorative treatments.
Modern Dentistry has made the dental treatment experience less painful, more comfortable, and also aesthetically appealing. This is how technology improves our life in different ways, one innovation at a time.
It is now widely accepted that oral health impacts systemic health, which means that early interventions are required. Technological innovations are increasingly being integrated into modern dental practice.
Today, we have advanced antimicrobials including those with targeted action, AI, 3D printers, regenerative techniques, and more. We are moving to the era of Personalised Dentistry. You must seek treatment from clinics where dentists believe in upgrading themselves.
At Morgan hill dentistry, we strive to provide scientifically proven and approved treatments which include using the latest technology in modern dentistry.
Dental Technology has changed the Modern Dentistry experience and the Dentist’s Office
The desire to provide better experience and treatment has brought modern solutions for dental problems. Over time, the dental chair and dental clinics have had a makeover, thanks to technology. Even medical and dental history is now electronically recorded.
One of the most important advances in dentistry has been seen in the use of sedation.
The use of Nitrous Oxide, oral sedation with a dream-like state for comfort, and IV sedation has improved the overall experience as well as the ease of treatment.
There are advanced screening methods and tools, advanced cameras and scanners, etc. The use of biocompatible materials for restoration has provided options that are long-lasting as well as aesthetically appealing.
Modern Dental Clinics where experienced and skilled dentists use proven treatments and technology generally have better results. The treatment becomes quicker, less invasive in many cases, and almost pain-free.
This results in better compliance from the patients as their overall experience improves. This also changes the general perception of visiting a dental clinic.
Some Modern Dental Aids, Techniques, and Treatments
To begin with, diagnosis has become better, as many dental issues can now be detected in an early stage. Some of these modern dental diagnostic aids are:
- Diagnodent– This is a tool which helps in detecting caries at a very early stage. It makes use of LASER and Sound Pulse. It enables the dentist to provide early intervention.
- Digital X-Rays– The use of digital X-Rays in dental setups has helped reduce radiation exposure while getting better and faster pictures which can be stored on computers. Things that one could miss with traditional X-Rays can now be seen.
- VELscope- This has been approved by the FDA. It can be used to see diseased tissue and is an important aid for screening oral cancer. It helps locate the exact area for surgical excision.
- Optical scanners – These can be used to create an accurate 3-D model of the dental structure. They have improved restorative procedures.
- Intraoral Cameras- A good view of the oral cavity and teeth can be obtained, as these cameras can show a view of hard-to-reach places. Thus, it helps in a better assessment and an appropriate treatment plan can be devised.
Modern Treatment Techniques
A lot has also changed in the field of treatment in modern dentistry. Just take a look at a few of the modern treatment techniques.
- Bone grafting and PRP – This is a type of regenerative dentistry procedure. Bone grafting alone or in combination with PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) can now be safely used to add volume and density to the jawbone. It can be used for the success of other procedures as well.
- Invisalign– People feared getting braces, as the bulky aid was inconvenient and glaringly obvious. These are advanced aids as these clear braces gently straighten the teeth. These can be taken out at the time of eating and are comfortable to wear.
- HealOzone- Fighting tooth decay is far easier today with treatment procedures like this. It can detect and remove early changes of tooth decay by using ozone to kill bacteria and fungus. It is simple, quick, painless, and gives effective results.
- Zoom!Whitening – This is an advanced treatment for teeth whitening that provides visible results quickly and comfortably. The whitening effect can result in teeth that are up to 8 times whiter.
- Dental Implants – There was a time when no one thought that a permanent and highly effective solution like a dental implant would be possible. This is how dental technology has changed modern dentistry and, in turn, our quality of life.
Be it the early detection of dental issues or be its early detection of other conditions like oral cancer, technical advances have been revolutionary. Today it is possible to prevent and treat tooth decay, jawbone loss, tooth loss, and other conditions with the latest techniques.
Cosmetic dentistry is a big thing, and it is life-changing to say the least. Good oral health and a great smile can improve quality of life at any age. This is what modern technology has empowered dentists to do.
It is a fact that any aid works well in the hands of a trained and experienced person. This holds true for all these modern dentistry aids. Feel free to reach out to us as we make your dental visits a pleasant and valuable experience with advanced dental technology.